Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Merry Christmas, Darling...



Finally! Back at the computer and able to spend a few minutes catching up with my blog! The main thing standing in my way is Nicholas. Our laptop bit the dust, so we are down to just one computer for now. He has so many games on here to play, that my computer time seems to be slim and none lately. But, he is at school and I am off today, so here I am!!

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. Of course, Nicholas' birthday is on Christmas Day as well. I bought him a birthday cake and we started off our Christmas morning with birthday cake and milk. I never in a million years would have thought that he would wake up at 3:45 am, but he did. Part of me wanted to tell him to let me sleep for about 3 or 7 more hours, but the "good mommy" in me got up! I lit the candles, sang happy birthday and ate cake at 3:45 am. Then, we opened presents. I think Nich was pretty pleased with the gifts that he received. Got quite a few xbox games...dang, those suckers are expensive. I tried to explain to him that his gifts are getting more and more expensive, so there will not be as much to open under the tree. Of course, Santa still brings him what he "really" wants...lol.
He got me a pair of slippers. He knew how much I wanted a new pair. He also did the sweetest thing for me as a total suprise. My parents got him a visa gift card as one of his gifts. He asked me what my favorite perfume was. So, I told him. Never really thinking twice of it. 2 days later, I get an email of confirmation that my "Inis" perfume has been sent. He ordered it for me with his own money. What a wonderful boy! He was so happy to give it to me. Of course, I cried. Made this old heart just melt.

Trying to get back into scrapping regularly now that all the hoopla is over. I did a layout last night...Christmas one, big shocker.
Used the Basic Grey "Jovial" line on this one. Love the true Christmas colors! The papers are just gorgeous! Used some glimmer mist, distress ink around the edges and some glossy accents on the snowman and the pressies. Threw on some thickers as the title (creative title, I know) and there it is.

Hope everyone is getting back to normalcy! Time to make the doughnuts...well, dinner, anyway.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How sweet that he got you the perfume!! Awwwwwwwwww!! And LOVING that LO!!! Just beautiful! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Manda_K said...

You have a sweet boy there, Mel!! :D Love your page too!!